Our customer is one of the leading private health care providers in the UAE. Founded in 2002, the client has expanded from one branch to multiple branches with over 200 employees.
With headquarter in Dubai and branches in Abu Dhabi, the client serves residents of these cities by providing specialized services in orthopedics, cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery,
gastroenterology – surgical and medical and nephrology.
With branches dispersed all around major cities of UAE and increased number of employees, the organization knew they needed a collaborative platform that encourages employee engagement, content sharing, and self-service tools in a single portal to increase productivity and consistency in how the organization shares information – procedures, manuals, etc.
APEK offered its free consultation and POC to help the client visualize a minimal viable solution.
A detailed discovery session was conducted with the identified key stakeholders. This included defining both functional and non-functional requirements, identifying user scenarios and getting approval on final stories for the proof of concept. During the high-level discovery session, we assessed the following user stories:
1) Employees wanted a one stop portal containing the organization’s important information. They envisioned a platform that would allow them to find, view, edit and share contents with ease.
2) A security trimmed portal was also top priority, as people were only expected to see what they have been granted access to.
3) Employees would like to have a user-friendly and intuitive portal that provides quick access to common features.
The Proof Of Concept (POC)
Post discovery, we engaged in a 2 week build process to develop the POC. The POC developed demonstrated the feasibility of our customer’s Knowledge Base Portal request.
This POC highlighted the user stories and features gathered during the discovery phase.
Beyond functional features, the POC was also tailored to not only fit the brand and style guide of the client, but also the cultural details that enhances the employee experience.
The Knowledge Base Portal
- News Feed ( Companywide, Department, Location, External)
- Company Highlights
- Global Search capability
- Automated workflow and processes
- Metadata Search and document tagging
- Filtered view of recent documents and most viewed contents
- Version History
- Offline document editing
- Target Audience
The benefits from the Knowledge Base Portal exceeded our customer’s expectations as it improved both effective collaboration, communication across the organization, as well as promoting employee engagement.
With the Knowledge Base Portal, there was a significant increase in employee engagement and productivity as data were presented in an organized manner, thus spending less time searching for information and more time accomplishing tasks.
Employees in all branches now have access to company wide and targeted information, irrespective of their location, hence offering our customer the opportunity to have a true digital workspace and